Feline ingenuity

is apparently no match for a closet door braced with a green, plastic patio chair.

My first and only darling, Logos Rue (Rue for short), has been driving me crazy for a full two hours. As he is a kitten of only eight months, I am willing to forgive a certain amount of joie de vive at two o'clock in the morning; however, this trick of picking the coat-closet door open with his claws (pick, Pick, PICK-PICK-PICK), then scaling said coats to the upper echelons of the storage space, so that he can throw down my retired scarves and rip them to shreds, is less than endearing. The door itself has no catch, so the only thing keeping it closed is the tight seal of the frame.

So, I have resorted to the solution best used during chase scenes in any number of films. Voila! Chair against doorknob.

Rue has now enlisted the help of Pangor, the visitor. Together, they are displaying a remarkable amount of deductive reasoning for a couple of creatures with individual brains no bigger than half of a pear.

Without opposable thumbs, I suspect all of their attempts will be futile.

Apparently, my self satisfied chuckling is not enough to deter them.

Thank god I can still outsmart something in this world.

Comments

Popular Posts