Bring Them Something Great

I have to say that my efforts to reproduce Jack Skellington in pumpkin form were a success. He was in his happy face, and lit up at the back of the bar so that he could preside over Halloween; all the ghouls leering from the shadows at the vulnerable young'uns.... Now he's overseeing all the activity in my kitchen. His toothy smile and wide eyes warm my heart.

I wish I could have him bronzed, before he turns to pulp.

When I was seventeen, my friend Amanda said to me, "It is quite possible that you are evil, Spider; but if you are, it's more of a cheerful, Disney kind of evil."

That still brings a tear to my eye. Especially while I'm incarcerating drippy virgins, capturing puppies to turn them into outer-ware, or preparing to eat Santa Claus.

Comments

Popular Posts