What Dark Recesses

For years after moving to the T-dot, having spelunked my way down into the dark, early morning recesses of the city's after hours recreations, I was confronted with the slithery, sideways advances of both men and women.

"Ooooh... such a little innocent. I want to corrupt you."

I don't know if it was true, even then, but what's amusing now is that, after all the prodigious drinking, a good stretch of stumbling about in an aromatic, herbal haze of blue smoke, and then an enthusiastic relationship with a raver's chemistry set, even now, standing around stripped down to my skivvies or less under red flashing lights, I am still fielding comments and advances based on the same theme.

This, better than anything, exemplifies the slightly fantastic nature of my work.

Also, that I continue to look younger than my age.

Comments

Popular Posts