A Rapture

The following is a dream that I had in May, 2004. It came up again in a conversation, recently, and luckily I had it written down.

I love my brain.


The end of the world came: judgement; and those blessed with a heart lighter than a feather were given a golden key on a ribbon that spun in the air over their right shoulder, and propelled through reality to a shimmering beach bordered on either side by a iridescent, aquamarine sea, all in perpetual twilight.

The beach was a sinuous sand bar, reaching from horizon to horizon, and filled with people. Wandering there I found (these I remember for sure) Mustardseed, Satan’s Little Pixie and Kengee, but continued to look for others, sure that they might appear somewhere.

As more and more people arrived, we speculated on whether or not this was the afterlife. It was, after all, very nice, but undoubtedly would become quite boring.

All this under a constantly changing sky, stars moving like water currents.

Finally, a being appeared to speak to us, bright, glowing out above the water.

“You are the assembled, those who are to Ascend, projected from one reality unto another. You are all one in a million, those with the greater force of personality, greater dreams, understanding and empathy. Your opposites have been chosen in much the same way, but are headed to a different destination, and lined up on a very different shore. With your kind removed, humankind must again begin to grow. It will have the room it needs to become something else, through necessity, fear and inspiration. It is not the end of humankind, but it is time for all of you to cease being human.”

But where were we to go? Heaven, basically. Well, not exactly, but the being sort of showed us what it was:

A set of elaborate, interconnected planes of existence, each displaying different qualities, engendering concepts that could be considered positive. These would be our home, infinite playgrounds, where we could envision ourselves as any being we could concave, and become it, completely. The chosen reality would fill in the blanks, give us our basics, our history, our true understanding of our nature and our abilities. We could change our identities, but never start the same one over. In this way we could continue to change and develop and learn and react and interact as one being, adding layer upon layer of complexity; but still, not limited to it. We could be unmade, but never killed.

We were all to become, multi-dimentional, poly-persona, immortal beings.

This, I thought, is and afterlife of tremendous beauty.

Mustardseed laughs. “I’m going to live out eternity on a holodeck?”

But that was the end of us as we were. The beach folded in, twisted, pulled through and there it was, a conceptual wheel of world, realities beyond our reality.

You will be given an identity to start with, conveys the being, which, of course, is not a limitation.

So, I was transmuted into a construction of pristine urbanism, given to contemplation and aesthetics, history and preservation.

I was a female being, something equine, of blue and white crystal; my natural form some kind of unicorn-woman. My home was a labyrinthine museum that held all of the curiosities that I studied and adored. I knew my past, and my history, and I was looking forward to alien, elaborate desires and motivations. I knew what I could do.

You will know those other beings you have known when you find them, thinks the angelic entity to me. You will still love them. Love, above all else, is how this transcendence has become possible.

Comments

Popular Posts