Without Key or Lid

In keeping with this summer's theme of bicycle related mishaps, last week I was riding home from work when I was egged.

Egged for fuck's sake.

There I was, just mosying along around midnight, minding my own little world from the safety of the bike lane, and out rushes past this black car, pulling up along side me just long enough for:

whack, whack, WHACK!

Three impacts along my side; then the gutteral staccatto of young male laughter before they gunned their way off down Harbord.

I've decided I don't like being egged. You'd think, after all the abuse I suffered growing up, that it would have occured to at least one of the malignent geniuses torturing me as a child to give it a try, but no, this was a first. I do have to hand it to the Drive By Eggers, they were a good aim, hitting a moving target from a moving vehicle. Practiced, one might say.

Thanks to physics (ah, handy physics), my shock did not result in my catapalting into the sidewalk and breaking my arm. Centrifical force kept me upright and wobbling. Stunned but on the move.

I've come a long way. Now, at least, the abuse I suffer in life is random.


Comments

Comrade Chicken said…
Jesus.

Methinks we need to get the Spider some deflecting Wonder Woman bracelets. Oh! And a lasso!

I can't believe such assholes abound.

I hear you're sick, dear Spider. Please get well soon.
Anonymous said…
Karma will kick those eggers firmly in the ass for you. It should. It always kicked me!

Popular Posts